Friday 16 December 2016

The Second Floor Gallery: David Harper

David Harper has recently moved into the Second Floor Gallery, you'll find his vivid artwork adorning the light filled space, along with limited edition prints and a carefully curated selection of lighting and furniture.


David Harper

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m an art and antiques dealer / broker and artist…also a BBC TV presenter.

How would your describe your stock?
My stock at Alfies dates from the 17th century to mid 20th century furniture, lighting and sculpture - then into the 21st century century with my paintings. 

Do you have any personal favourites in your collection?
Currently my favourite piece is a crocodile embossed leather chair. Amazingly I recently bought this chair back after having it made and then sold as a one off for an exhibition 15 years ago. 

What piece would you love to find?
I’ve found many very special pieces over the years, but coming across a forgotten Picasso would be quite nice!

Do you have a favourite gallery to visit in London?
My favourite galleries in London are the museums…not very much in design is actually that new. Look closely at modern shapes and styles and you’ll see images from the past. I get inspiration from these places for my paintings.

Do you collect anything?
I collect classic cars.

If you could own any piece of art from history what would it be?
An early 1960s Bentley Continental Convertible…as much a piece of art as anything I’ve ever seen.

Here's a selection of eye-catching pieces you'll find in the Second Floor Gallery...














David Harper
Second Floor Gallery
Take the lift to the second floor or turn right at the top of the main wooden staircase.
Tel: 07593 178 005 | Email: dharperantiques@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...