Friday 11 May 2018

New Dealer: Planet Bazaar


A view of the Planet Bazaar stand

We welcome new dealer, Maureen of Planet Bazaar to Alfies. Maureen has provided a sourcing service for unique 20th Century pieces for the home for the past 20 years.


A view of the Planet Bazaar stand


We asked Maureen a few questions to find out more...

How did Planet Bazaar begin?
From my desire for collecting vintage pieces.

How would you describe your stock?
Passionate, colourful and eclectic.

A view of the Planet Bazaar stand


What is the most highly sought after item you have in at the moment?
The eyeball floor lamp.

The eyeball lamp

Which designer do you admire, and why?
Ettore Sottsass - because his work speaks to me.

Ettore Sottsass

What piece would you love to find?
I know it when I see it. I don't set out to find a piece. It's what gazes back at me from an object or work of art - the like of collecting.

If you could own any piece of art from history what would it be?
One of Francis Bacon's Screaming Popes.

 Screaming Pope by Francis Bacon

Visit the Planet Bazaar stand located on the first floor at Alfies, F057/58.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...